Medicare General Information
Medicare is a Federal Health Insurance Program that began in 1965. Insurance provided by Medicare is divided into two parts:
- Part A Hospital related expenses.
- Part B Doctor/Medical related expenses.
A person is enrolled in Medicare Part A (premium-free) when:
- They turn 65, on the first of the month of their 65th birthday
- Are under age 65 and receiving disability benefits from Social Security for 24 months.
- Are under age 65 with permanent kidney failure or Lou Gehrig's disease.
A person is eligible for and can enroll in Medicare Part B when:
- They enroll in Medicare Part A.
- Or when they or their spouse retire and leave their employer’s health insurance group.
Medicare important dates:
- There are no premiums for Medicare Part A.
- For Medicare Part B, monthly premium for most Medicare beneficiaries is $104.90 in 2013. In addition to the standard Part B premium, some beneficiaries will pay an income-related monthly adjustment amount.
You can review these helpful Medicare Premium Charts, give us a call at (414) 228-7555 or toll free (800) 262-3440 or ASK US. We’ll be happy to answer your questions and provide you with a free, no obligation quote.
For specific info follow the links below:
Medicare Part D