The Federal Health Insurance Program known as Medicare started in 1965. Medicare Insurance is split into two parts:
- Part A (which includes expenses related to Hospital visits, etc).
- Part B (which includes other medical expenses related to Doctor visits, etc).
An individual is automatically enrolled in Medicare Part A when they:
- Turn 65, (this happens on the first of the month they turn 65, not on the birthday itself).
- Are under age 65 and have received disability benefits from Social Security for 2 years.
- Are under age 65 and have Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) or permanent kidney failure.
An individual is eligible to enroll in Medicare Part B after:
- They enroll in Medicare Part A.
- They (or their spouse) retire and they are no longer covered by health insurance through their employer.
Important Medicare enrollment dates:
Information about Medicare Insurance premiums:
- Medicare Part A doesn't have any premiums.
- $105 is the average monthly premium in 2015 for Medicare Part B. For some of those enrolled however, they will be required to pay a monthly premium that's been adjusted to reflect their income.
Compare the premiums of Medicare Insurance Plans using the charts we've provided, call us at (414) 228-7555 or toll free at (800) 262-3440 or
We’ll be glad to give you a free quote and to answer any of your questions about health insurance coverage.
FHK offers a large selection of Medicare Advantage Plans that can be customized to satisfy the needs of our clients in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and Nevada.
Check out the links listed below to learn more about Medicare Insurance Plans.
Part C (or Medicare Advantage)
Medicare Supplement Insurance (Medigap)
Medicare Q & A